Whether you are a classroom teacher, a middle manager of a school leader you will have a leadership role, so how much thought do you give to your style of leadership?
This light hearted article on the leadership of James T Kirk make an easy ready but makes some sensible points.
- Keep exploring and learning.
- Ensure that we encourage creativity and innovation by listening to the advice of people with vastly different opinions.
- Occasionally get down in the trenches with the members of our teams so we understand their needs and earn their trust and loyalty.
- Understand the psychology of others
- Radically change course when circumstances dictate.
It’s easy to dismiss these but there is some useful stuff there if you are ready to think about the first point.