If you’re using your phone in the EU then you might like to know that new charges for ‘roaming’ should mean that you won’t get a nasty surprise when you get home. Key points are:
- Charge no more than €0.39 (about 32p) per minute to make calls, €0.15 per minute to receive calls and €0.11 to send texts (it’s free to receive texts).
- Apply an automatic cut-off once your mobile internet use (data roaming) reaches €50 (about £42), unless you choose another cut-off limit or opt-out.
- Send users a warning when they reach 80% of their data roaming limit.
- Keep you well-informed of charges for using your mobile abroad, sending an information text when you arrive at your destination.
- Use ‘per second’ billing after the first 30 seconds for calls made, and immediately for calls received.