OCR have announced that the OCR Nationals in ICT Level 2 have been re-accredited, but with some important differences.
- The number of units you need to do for a qualification has changed. This is because the guided learning hours allocated to the units have changed to ‘give it parity with GCSE’.
- Group A and B ( which were 60 glh) units are now 40 glh and Group C (which were 30 glh) units are now 20 glh. The total number of glh needed for the First Award is now 100, and the total number of glh for the First Certificate is now 280.
- To achieve an OCR Nationals First Award you now need to do the mandatory unit, one group C unit and one extra group B unit.
- A ‘short course’ is now available which consists of the mandatory unit (40glh) and one Option C unit (20glh) which is what you used to do to achieve the First Award in the old specification.
- The unit titles and teaching content has not changed.
Unit content, with all changes highlighted, are available here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/nationals_2010/ict/l2/documents/index.html
The last date to make entries for the existing qualifications is 31 July 2010. This will allow you to make top-up entries for that specification until 31 July 2012.