A really interesting interview with Cathy Moore. A few extracts to sum it up ….
- We’re not designing content , we’re designing activities then getting the content to support this.
- Think about the behaviour and not the knowledge otherwise e-learning can become an information dump.
- Put students in a compelling situation then provide information as needed.
- Often e-learning is like traditional presentation but even more painful
- Exposing pupils to information does not change their understanding or behaviour.
- Pupils go through the course and we’re done – it doesn’t work like that in the real world.
- It’s hard to measure and control.
Overall 6 minutes long and well worth a listen.
(oh and I like the application as well – anyone know what it is?)