A nice spoof film that shows communications technology in the context of the fashion industry, if you’ve seen “The Devil Wears Prada” then you’ll see the link.
Terry Freedman suggests that are several good reasons to use this:
- To what unusual uses has the otherwise familiar technology been put?
- Is it a good use of technology?
- Is clicking on someone’s name in a contacts database and having the computer ring their number any more efficient than picking up the phone and doing so yourself?
- Is there any advantage of holding a video conference involving people who, as far as I can tell, are in the same building?
- What infrastructure would be required to make the activities do-able?
- How could such technology be useful in a school situation, both in terms of the school itself and in terms of how it communicates with parents.
- How would you go about evaluating the relative costs-benefits of this sort of thing, in order to decide whether it was worth installing such systems in the first place?
- What sort of contingency plans would need to be made in case the system went down?