Another consultation document – Ref. DCSF-01045-2008
This one sets out what the DCFS want to achieve as a way of measuring (and reporting on) the successes of schools in the future. It will be linked to OFSTED reports.
Suggested criteria include:
- Attainment (academic outcomes achieved by pupils).
- Pupil Progress during the time they spend at school.
- Wider Outcomes (pupils’ health, safety, enjoyment, opportunity and ability to make a positive contribution, and prospects of future economic wellbeing).
- Narrowing Gaps (the school’s efforts to raise the achievement of disadvantaged and vulnerable groups of pupils).
- Parents’ Views.
- Pupils’ Views.
- Parents’ and Pupils’ Views combined in a single ‘Users’ Views’ category.
- Parents’ and Pupils’ Views combined within a Wider Outcomes category.
An overall ‘score’ is still recommended.
The full document can be viewed/downloaded at: http://publications.dcsf.gov.uk > Entering DCSF-01045-2008 in the Search field.