How can you measure a good school?
What would you want all schools to do for our children?
Naturally I’m not talking league tables here. What about these for starters:
- Within two years every child will have a personal on-line space in which they can keep a progressive record of their achievments and attainment.
- 90% of children will report that school has a positive impact upon their health.
- The number of children with a body mass index above the norm is reduced by 30% over three years.
- All children can reach run continuously for 12 minutes at the age of 10, 12 and 14 years of age.
- All children will be able to identify examples of how they make a contribution to their school or community.
There are several more ideas at Dons Learning Log. A bit radical perhaps but he’s saying that maybe we leave it up to schools (and not national programes) to achieve this.